Monday, November 15, 2010

Favorite Band of All time...

These guys-
(John Brown's Body)
Their sound is incomparable to NONE.   With a blendation of grass roots music, indie-esque backgrounds and very progressive chords.  These guys, for me at least sum up everything I love about music.  
Elliot Martin (lead singer) puts imagery behind every lyric.  Making metaphors of modern day life to realities of the things god has given us (senses, judgement, beauty)...
Luckily I had the chance to play with these guys at "the depot" in slc back in May.  A joyous experience.  Tom Beneditti (drummer) Gave me a firm handshake after my performance sanying "that was really bad ass" and he appreciated the music.  That meant alot.  John Brown’s Body has performed with a variety of groups, representing a wide-range of genres including well-known acts (some of which you may have heard of): Dave Matthews BandThe Flaming Lips, Broken Social Scene and a lot more...




No comments:

Post a Comment