Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Swimmin and FREEZIN

It was very cold outside and I wanted to do something fun with ellie that didn't require staying inside and watching baby Einstein.  
I had an epiphany while giving her a bath....  She loves playin in water more then ANYTHING so I decided to take her to the orem rec center....


Michelle didn't have anything goin on so she came too!
 overall twas Very fun  and VERY cold.  We were there for about 15-20 minutes then had to leave because Ellie's hands started turning purple!
It was actually scary for a second i'm not going to lie.
As I was leaving, the receptionist asked,  "How did she do?"  I said with a smile, "she had fun but you need to find out a way to make the water not so cold!"
Hopefully she only took enough offense at the remark to take needed action.
Moral:  Don't take your kids to OREM REC CENTER for swimming, especially when its already 2 degrees outside.

:)

3 comments:

  1. ahhh the girl!!!!!!! i love her. it would have been OK if the hand dryers blew out warm air and the showers werent cold either! sheeesh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try putting her in a swim shirt over her suit, just an idea but its worked out for me and my little fishy. We go to the rec all the time. What Orem really needs is another option for an indoor pool, one not so old and cold.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could've told you that! That pool is so dang cold!! Last time I only got in for a second & Madi had to suffer by herself. She didn't mind though, she was just glad to be swimming. :) Glad you guys made it out alive.

    ReplyDelete